Thursday, August 19, 2010

the week from Hades

Do everything without arguing or complaing. Ok, I will try.

So I leave for college tomorrow (technically, because I'm dumb enough to be typing this at 12:53 AM). The excitement is very evident, though frequently masked by a million other emotions. Let me explain...

This week has been a very hard one. One of those "it couldn't get any worse...oh wait, it just did." Yeah, that kind. Some big things & some little things...all little in perspective. But, of course, things in my brain are rarely in perspective. In the moment I get the call to come pick my family up on the side of 65 south because of a broken-down car, it is the worst thing that could happen. But it's not. That call could be so, so much worse. There are no sirens. There is no grieving voice. There are no screams of pain. It is not that bad. Even when it gets worse & the bad piles up on top of bad, it is not that bad. Really. And when worse comes to worse, there is always the whole this life is temporal/to live is Christ, to die is gain thing, right? I am learning.

So, in the midst of messed up vehicles (all of them, no joke), or lack thereof (as in, no car for college..yet), God is God. "You stay the same through the ages; Your love never changes. Though there is pain in the night, JOY comes with the morning."

(ps, you don't have to pray for safe travels or smooth transitioning or anything...just pray that God's will is done in my life, and none of that matters)
Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment