Sunday, July 18, 2010

seven.eighteen.twenty-ten

Home sweet home. :)

It's been a while. Let me update you...

Preteen camp was great. It was awesome to have Blake there and to be able to work & serve with him. We left camp and went to Nashville where I had a wonderfully relaxing break (manicure, pedicure, & haircut included...thanks Mrs. Mary!) and got to spend time with some very cool folks. I left there and Blake drove me back to Macon. We got to stop in Birmingham on the way and had lunch with Sarah & Hannah at Whole Foods (pizza=delish). Blake stayed the night at camp and left after lunch the next day. Oh, and a little craziness added to that...I found out the previous night that they were in need of a counselor for the upcoming camp, so since I was already there & not really working an assigned job, they chose me. And because a counselor got sick the next week, I ended up counseling for two camps. It was so tiring and emotionally draining, but incredible. The Lord worked through my weaknesses, and for that I am very grateful.

So I left on the 9th for orientation at Mississippi College, where I'll be attending in the fall. Mom came and picked me up from camp and we drove to Clinton with a friend from high school who is also going to MC, and her mom. (I'm pretty sure the grammar in that sentence is off, but whatever) Orientation was good...I got signed up for all my classes & such. It was a good experience. Before we left campus, Mom & I met with some people from the financial aid department, and I was surprised to find out that all of my tuition, fees, dorm, books, etc. is paid for in full by a combination of scholarships & financial aid. It was such a peaceful thing to hear & I am just in awe of the way the Lord has orchestrated all of this. It's so cool to watch Him working while I basically do nothing (just another reminder of how powerless I am, and how super strong He is) So...left MC feeling pretty happy, to say the least. I got to spend a night at home and went to church the next morning. Abby, Bethany, & Josh were going back to camp with me as campers for this last week, which was Mission Camp. I drove home from church & was very surprised to see a blue Durango sitting out in front of my house. Bethany was in the passenger seat with me just giggling away as I sat at the stop sign by my house for a good couple of minutes trying to figure out what was going on. Then here comes some bearded kid from Nashville walking from my front porch. Yep, Mr. Blake surprised me by driving to B'ham & going back to LFR with me to work the last week of camp. It was so so cool. The week was awesome.

And now, I'm home...for a month that is. I move in on the 21st of August at MC. I'm grateful to be able to spend some time with my family before I leave. It'll be good. I'm thinking I'm going to leave this blog up for when I go to college, so that when I ever have time, I can update everyone with how things are going.

Thanks so very much to all who have been praying for me over this summer, and I would ask that you keep lifting me up to the Father as I rest for a little while & then get ready to take the next step on my journey into college.

Love, Rachel
"He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." -Col. 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment