Wednesday, June 23, 2010

six.twenty-three-twenty-ten

Warning: I'm exhausted, so the conciseness of this post may be somewhat...frazzled.

JR/SR High 2 camp ended this morning. We finished around 11, went to lunch in Louisville, & I'm now @ the Chapman's house hanging out with a couple of awesome girls. I just ate an intensely awesome bowl of mocha mudslide ice cream...and I'm considering a second bowl. Yep, it's going to happen.

The Lord has been working so so much this week. It was a really cool camp. Our speaker was Joe Shelton, who is an insane & awesome fella. God has really just convicted me about investing in our relationship & spending more time set aside, with Him only- no distractions. That's been a struggle to compete with all the other cool stuff going on around me...but He is good. When He works on your heart, I really believe that He provides the means to accomplish the task He gives you.

This next camp is a preteen camp & the last camp of the 1st half of the summer. It's a really hard time for all of us. At the same time, I'm very excited to see Blake & Mrs. Mary when they bring a group of about 20 from The Bridge. I'll ride back with them & stay with the Stockards in Nashville for a couple of days for our mid-summer break. When I come back to camp, I will have to say goodbye to all the 1st half workstaff, which will be incredibly hard. Please pray for me & for the rest of the summer staff as we prepare for that. Pray for safety as most of the staff heads to Knoxville & a few other locations for the break. Pray for patience & love for others in the remaining time I have here.

Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment