Tuesday, August 30, 2011

restorative

This table I found on campus, soon to be trash. I couldn't help but see it's potential.

It was pretty disgusting. I cleaned it, and then proceeded to sand my fingerprints off. It was very time consuming and strenuous. If I weren't on the save every penny not spent on books, art supplies, and tuition budget, I would have invested in something to strip that sucker down. But alas, I settled with elbow grease and regular old Walmart sandpaper. I found some reject paint (also at Walmart) in a pretty sea-foam green and painted just one coat. I wanted it to look kind of beat up...you know, fake-ish kind of antique look, so I sanded a lot of the paint off. I also lined the little drawer with pages from an old book I got at a local antique store last year (we have some great ones here in Clinton). I think it turned out a-ok.

The only other thing I'd really like to do is take that wood handle off the drawer and replace it with a cute-ish little knob. Like this one from Anthropologie:


Anyway, that's all.
-rjl

2 comments:

  1. this is perfect!! have you seen my door i distressed? makes me so happy.
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete