Wednesday, April 6, 2011

victory and other things

I have been thinking (dangerous thing, actually) about victory lately and the necessity of just some of that stuff every once in a while. Of course, there are the "big" victories, like Good defeating Evil and such. My victories come in more condensed packages, such as: 3.95 for a baby teapot at anthro, 93 on history test I didn't feel so hot about, finding chocolate I didn't know I had (which, you see, rarely happens), and the fancy footwork award for intramural basketball. These things are silly, yes, but victories for me nonetheless. These led me to think of ultimate Victory: Jesus Christ. I got my guitar out yesterday and kind of wrote a song, which I haven't done since last summer. So that was good. It was about victory, that's how that connects with what I've been talking about.

Oh, and another semi-victory: I am going to be an RA next semester. That's sort of really exciting. And two more exciting things, then I'm done.
1) basically three and a half weeks left in my freshman year
2) Blake comes next week. YES.

2 comments:

  1. For the record, it's not just Joy that reads your blog. :) Glad to see a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i'm so happy to see something on here about you. we miss you. i'm so glad you've gotten some fun things to look forward to. love you!!

    ReplyDelete