Tuesday, March 29, 2011

sufficiency

For you, Mrs. Joy.
It has been since October that I wrote. Too much has happened to account for in this itty bitty blog post, so I will skip over a bunch. Some highlights: my first semester ended, Christmas break and holiday and rest, winter came and went and is kind of back for a (hopefully short) visit, trips to Birmimngham, New Orleans, Nashville, Philadelphia, and New York occurred, and Yahweh is as faithful as ever. Classes are challenging and my schedule is a little too much, but mercies are daily renewed, which is probably the greatest thing ever. The Lord is currently teaching me sufficiency; that is, He is the only wholly sufficient thing in existence. Education, social status, monetary gain...none of these provide the identity that our souls search the world for. Only He can give us rest that fulfills us and only He is able to give us genuine joy in life, even through sufferings.
I love to be inspired by people...you know, the ones who face suffering that would put any normal person out in heartbeat does not even dim their joy and passion for life. The ones that actually know life, and love, and God. The ones that have the light of Love so evidently glowing through their skin to the degree that it is blinding. The ones that are alive. They make me want to be a little like them, which is a little like Jesus. God works through ugly monsters like jealousy. (I mean if He can work through me, then duh He can work through jealousy)
Those are my reflections.

And this....this is my stack of books I am in the process of reading/desiring to read:

Only slightly daunting.

1 comment: