Sunday, September 19, 2010

To elaborate...

...on my last blog:
I did get a car. It is a 1995 white Honda civic, manual transmission. It is an adventure learning to drive that sucker. I have yet to detroy anything (or anyone). I did stall out on a speed bump today. It was quite humorous.

So OK, I should probably explain this just for future reference: rush. Since Sept. 7th, I've been participating in general rush. At MC, in place of fraternities & sororities, we have clubs (for guys) & tribes (for girls). It's a really neat aspect of the social life here. I went back & forth for a while in my decision of whether to rush or not. I think I made the right decision so I am now happy that I did. Saturday I found out that I got the tribe I pref'd (basically the one I wanted & chose), which is Swannanoa or ST. So now that general rush is over, I will be a pledge in ST, which adds to the craziness of the semester, but makes it so much fun.

Classes are going well. I have 4 tests this week...so I've been studying my brains out this weekend (namely, today). I feel prepared but you never know. I also start my babysitting-ish job tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to. And I'll be going home for the 1st time this weekend. So that'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment