Saturday, September 11, 2010

don't cry over spilled coffee

Ha. So let me tell you a story:
Friday morning I woke up by my alarm (Sigur Ros-Hoppipolla) at 7:00, just like every other morning. This gives me a solid hour to shower, get ready, eat breakfast, and get to class approximately 2 minutes early. So I wake up, right...and man I stayed up super late/early the night/morning before, so I just wanted to lay down for a second. Who knew a second could really mean 50 minutes. I opened my puffy eyes at 7:50am and flung myself out of bed, grabbed my shampoo bottle & flip flops, turned my coffee maker on, and sprinted to the bathroom. Now this morning, I was praising the Lord for handicapped showers with detachable shower heads. I took a mini shower, because I knew the necessity was just washing my hair...so of course I needn't bother with the rest. Well, turns out that you can't always aim well with that handy shower head, so I was wet. To say the least. I ran bag into my dorm, changed my tshirt, slipped on my Chacos, grabbed my thermos of coffee, and put it in the side pocket of my backpack. I set that down on the floor to grab my phone, and turned around to my backpack sitting in a puddle of coffee. At 7:56...great. I moved my sopping wet bag over and cleaned up the mess, only to turn around & find that I had made the same mistake...and spilled by coffee again. I cleaned that mess up, grabbed my stuff, and ran out the door. So...not a huge deal right? Only, added to that, I spill coffee all over myself on a regular basis. Like today, I spilled it all over the floor in my English class. That was smooth. But I did not cry.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud! I remember those Oh Crap days where you can't seem to get it together, now the thought of them makes me smile. Enjoy all of it!

    ReplyDelete